I prefer the corn raw off the cob- the kernals tenderize after adding the dressing and you really taste the fresh sweet flavor.
- 2 cups fresh organic corn, lightly cooked or raw from the cob
- 1 avocado cut into small cubes
- 1 pint organic cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest from organic lime
- 1 tablespoon squeezed fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
Soak onion first for 20 minutes in iced cold water to remove some of the sharp flavor.
Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients in a seperate bowl, and to salad and gently toss.